What we do
The most successful companies recognise that while risk is part of doing business, managed intelligently it can deliver positive results. In Risk Services we work closely with our clients to identify risks and opportunities, build mitigation or contingency plans and develop future strategies that directly impact on their daily operations, ultimately leveraging risk to their advantage.
As a member of Risk Services, the majority of the work you’ll do will be 1-2 week client engagements with a small team. It’s a great way to build your networks - a new client will generally mean a growth in networking of 10-15 people.
Where do you fit in Risk Services?
Risk Services is broken up into 10 unique product offerings each of which require a unique set of expertise, including legal, accounting, actuarial, economics, workplace health and safety, project management and IT.
- If you’re someone with strengths in process design, new systems implementation and project management, Control Transformation could be your fit. You will work with organisations to streamline controls, taking into consideration the increasing or changing regulation and governance that the industry the organisation operates in will be subject to. Controls knowledge and analytics understanding will also be extremely important.
- Do you have audit skills? Internal Audit works with clients to review systems and operations to see how well risks are managed, working with them to ensure tight processes and controls are in place to mitigate risk.
- Governance, risk and compliance experience will make you well placed for our Risk Transformation product. Here you will assess the relative maturity of an organisation’s risk management and governance frameworks, and seek to make improvements.
- Our Forensic team looks for forensic accountants, actuaries, economics and people with experience in law enforcement as they seek to help companies react quickly and confidentially when they are faced with financial crimes, crises, fraud or misconduct.
- With a legal background and strong negotiation skills, you can join our Contract Risk Compliance team to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of large-scale contracts, working through complex legal documents to provide clients with successful resolutions. Discover the path Leana took to become part of the Contract Risk Compliance team.
- Crisis Management looks for staff with disaster recovery and business continuity experience, who can join them to assist clients in dealing with catastrophic incidents such as natural disasters or IT crashes, and how they can continue with business when these events occur.
- Financial services experience, particularly with anti-money laundering, bribery and corruption are particularly sought after in our Financial Crime team. You’ll be conducting regulatory compliance reviews and assessments, and working with organisations to protect their assets and reputation from both internal and external sources.
- Project Risk looks for staff with project management skills that included exposure to project governance. Using these skills you will help prevent large-scale project failure by identifying potential risks in project plans. Discover the paths Andrew and Romana to become part of the Project Risk team.
- Technology architecture, security management and information protection experience fit with the Security team. Here you’ll provide deep customised insights, strategies, remediation and training to ensure clients can protect the resilience of critical infrastructure or security implications across digital, cloud, mobility, social and cyber spaces.
- Workplace Health and Safety looks for WH&S auditors and professionals. In this team you’ll work with clients to ensure that companies are meeting their work, health & safety obligations while ensuring adequate processes, policies and systems are in place and that a positive safety culture is integrated and adopted.
View current opportunities within Risk Services at Deloitte, and more about what we offer clients.
Still have questions about working in Risk Services? Contact the appropriate member of our Talent Acquisition Team.