Finding the path forward
If you join our Financial Advisory group, you’ll share our mission – to guide our clients through the complex financial challenges they face. Mergers and Acquisitions. Performance Enhancement. Crisis Management. Decades of experience across widely varying industries has equipped us to handle it all.
You might build financial models on one job, then investigate a patent infringement on the next. Much of what you’ll do is highly confidential. All of it is essential to our clients’ success.
Teamwork works. In Financial Advisory, you’ll be part of a team led by a Partner or Senior Manager and backed by the know-how of Deloitte financial professionals across Canada and around the world. We shoulder great responsibility, but never alone. You will help clients in one of the following areas:
- Corporate Finance: Find the money. Structure the deal. Work with private equity, venture capital and other investors and lenders. Apply your growing knowledge and experience across mid-market, large corporate, and government clients.
- Forensic & Disputes: Root out fraud, corruption, mismanagement, and financial abuse by finding hidden evidence. Bring insight to business interruptions, contractual breaches, and negligence. Help our clients quantify losses, locate misappropriated funds, and resolve disputes.
- Reorganization: Ailing businesses need room to breathe – a roadmap to sustainable profitability. You can help them restructure crushing debt, negotiate with creditors, or navigate bankruptcies and receiverships. You may represent them in Companies Creditors’ Arrangement Act (CCAA) proceedings.
- M&A Transaction Services: Deals start with buyers and sellers. You can help find them, then do the digging to evaluate the proposed transactions. Help deals succeed by performing accounting and financial structuring, facilitating day-one readiness planning, and guiding merger integration.
- Valuations: What is a business worth? How does a tangible asset like a plant compare to an intangible one, like a trade secret? Your team will use facts, logic, and experience to find the answers.
- Infrastructure Advisory and Project Finance: Increased economic and population growth have created a need for renewed and revitalized infrastructure, but governments cannot fund these projects alone. Deloitte's Infrastructure Advisory and Project Finance group can help governments create strategic public-private partnerships that fund needed work in a full-range of infrastructure sectors with an emphasis on health care, transportation (roads, bridges, border gateways), utilities (power and water), and special-purpose buildings.