Success at Deloitte
Your success is a mark of our success!
People consistently excel in their professional exams and we have had a number of students receiving exam distinctions over the years. The importance of exam success in Deloitte is reflected in the tangible support offered to students.
Recent Exam Distinctions at Deloitte:
- Richeal McDonald (Tax) was placed 2nd in Stage 2 CTC examinations 2012
- Barry O'Donovan (Consulting) was placed 6th in Cap1 examinations 2012
- Niall Goulding (Tax) was placed 1st in ICAI FAE examinations 2011
- Linda Hall (ERS) was placed joint 5th in Cap1 examinations 2011
- Louise Nicholson (Tax) was placed 1st in AITI Part 3 examinations 2011
- Ian Gorman (Audit) was placed 2nd in Cap1 examinations 2011
- Amy Sheehan (Tax) was placed 2nd in Part2 examinations 2011
What does success mean to you?
At Deloitte we recognize that ‘success’ can mean different things to different people – there is no ‘one size fits all’!
How can we help you become ‘successful’?
At Deloitte we are committed to helping you achieve your definition of success by providing high quality learning and support programmes at every stage of your career ensuring you have the knowledge and skills you need to advance your career quickly at Deloitte.
What framework is in place to help you achieve your ambitions?
Within Deloitte we have defined Learning Pathways to provide planned learning interventions at each stage of an individual’s career:
“Career pathway” sets out the expected progression path from trainee to partner
“Development pathway” shows the shifting emphasis on the shared competency areas, as you develop your career in Deloitte
“Learning pathway” focuses on integrated professional and technical training programmes, designed to map key learning and support programmes to each stage of your career
Examples of these programmes include:
- Induction programmes
- Technical learning
- Professional skills courses
- Accredited management development programmes
- Leadership development programmes
- E-Learning programmes, certified by Harvard University
- Professional qualifications/further study
Support programmes include:
- Departmental support
- Ongoing feedback
- Exam support
- Talent management
- Learning pathways
Roles and responsibilities in Deloitte are structured to allow graduates to gain a wide range of experience progressing through the grades as quickly as possible.
In support of this, we are one of the only professional services firms with a full-time Talent Manager who is available to discuss career plans and objectives with graduates as they progress through their training contract.
Some graduates progress to assistant manager level after completing their qualifications. Others choose to stay working in practice, continuing with their specialisation. Some join Deloitte clients who they worked with during their contract, taking up positions as financial controllers or tax advisors sometimes working their way up to CEO level. Others transfer internally to experience other areas of interest, often continuing their studies.
We are particularly proud of the number of former trainees who rejoin Deloitte having taken a year or two out to travel the world.