Corporate & Legal Services
Pictured: Fiona McCullagh (University of Ulster) and Dearbhla Kelly (Dundalk Institute of Technology)
Why a career as a Chartered Secretary?
Chartered Secretaries are highly valued by employers as they are knowledgeable in the areas of corporate law, corporate governance, administration, company secretarial practice, management and accounts. Chartered Secretaries provide a focal point for independent advice and guidance on the conduct of business, governance and compliance.
What we do
The Corporate and Legal Services team works closely with our colleagues in Audit, Tax, Corporate Finance and other specialist areas, and external advisors on complex arrangements and transactions. We advise on a wide range of routine and specialist matters relating to the Companies Acts 1963 – 2012 and associated legislation, including managing corporate projects from inception to completion.
The department provides a range of services to public and private companies tailored to suit their needs including:
• Advising directors/secretaries of their obligations under the Companies Acts 1963 - 2012 and EU legislation
• Corporate Governance issues
• Incorporations, Branch and Place of Business Registrations
• Advising and managing group reconstructions and reorganisations
• Preparing Annual Returns and Annual General Meeting documentation
• Drafting of directors and general meetings documentation
• Attending meetings to take minutes/vote scrutineering
• Maintaining statutory books and records