10 reasons to join Deloitte
You will join a highly qualified team of professionals that go beyond our clients' expectations and aim to transform Deloitte in the absolute reference in everything we do.
We believe in good working conditions and in creating professional opportunities for our people.
We have no doubt that our fair and respectful attitude towards our own staff members and the creative environment in which they work, improve the quality of the work they perform for their clients.
Aware of the responsibility we have towards our clients, we are guided by our quality charter and observe a strict ethical code, which is one of the foundations of our firm' culture.
You will find that the atmosphere is informal, but professional.
Our people are flexible, creative and enterprising.
They have outstanding social and technical skills and are willing to share their knowledge in order to deliver the highest quality service to our clients.
Our fields of expertise include:
- Audit: We provide clients with professional advice and assurance on their controls and accounting systems all year round. We understand our clients' operations, their industry and the issues they face, and this enables us to provide them with relevant advice.
- Consulting: We are known for our straightforward approach to solving our clients' most complex business challenges. We work hand-in-hand with clients to improve business performance, drive shareholder value, and create competitive advantage. In Luxembourg, we have a strong focus on financial services and public sector, but we also work for major European industrial groups.
- Financial Advisory: We provide comprehensive financial, economic, and strategic advice to clients throughout every phase of the economic cycle. We base our work on independence, objectivity, and a professional style that recognises the heightened opportunities for our clients' interests.
- Tax: We offer clients a broad range of fully integrated tax services. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with business and industry knowledge to help your company excel globally.
Success in attaining corporate objectives is directly related to the advantage of having an inclusive and diverse workforce.
At Deloitte, we have employees from more than 48 different cultures and geographies and they bring together their unique backgrounds, experiences, and values to understand the needs of our clients.
This diversity is critical to the firm’s success and growth.
At Deloitte we care about you and your development.
You will have the opportunity to develop your own career path including the following dimensions: Career customisation, long & short term action plans and personal development plan.
By joining our teams you won’t be considered as just any other collaborator.
You will be the main actor of your career plan by:
- Customizing your career to find a balance between your personal and working life: working time, travel flexibility, level of responsibility and career progress.
- Developing long term career aspirations in terms of specialisation, responsibility, grade, industry or any career related criterium that is important to you.
- Developing a short term action plan: define the concrete commitments and focus areas for this year to help reach your long term goal.
- Developing your personal development plan: define the trainings and other development opportunities you need to take to develop technical or behavioral competencies.
You will have the opportunity to represent Deloitte by taking part in various activities, such as job fairs, our recruiting process, training our junior staff...
You will be proud to work and represent Deloitte.
You will take part in activities, such as representing Deloitte at job fairs, training more junior staff on technical matters or recruiting our future talent.
Of course, in order to accompany you and help you grow, you will receive specific training to be able to excel in these topics. You will gain invaluable experience and you will reveal your personality and interpersonal skills.
Deloitte provides you a wide range of career options. We give you plenty of opportunities to discover other teams’ areas of expertise within Deloitte Luxembourg but also in other member firms.
According to your career plan and aspirations, various programmes can be available both long-term and short term, giving you the opportunity to work and gain expertise in another team or office, or even to reorient your career.
You will be invited to many events.
Deloitte organises a wide range of events to provide networking opportunities and to ensure we have fun and celebrate our successes together. Events include:
- Happy Hours (open bar) in a different downtown venue every month
- Sports challenge days organised by service line
- Pre-busy season party
- Concerts and fairs
- Teambuilding activities
- ‘Santa’ afternoon for families with gifts for children and entertainment
- Annual Deloitte ball
- Cinema, zoo, etc. entrance fees at a cheaper price
Some of these events are organised through the staff representation committee whose budget is entirely subsidised by Deloitte.
Deloitte pays great attention to respecting your personal life.
Many services are provided to make your life easier.
Your personal life deserves as much attention as your professional one. To help ensure every aspect of your life is fulfilled, we provide options such as:
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible working weeks
- Personal time off, sabbaticals
- Purchase of additional holidays
In order to respect the balance between personal and professional life, Deloitte allows for certain flexibility within the standard working hours. Our flexible working week arrangements allow individuals to pursue a work schedule that moves away from the traditional five, full-day workweek.
At Deloitte, almost 10% of our people have opted for part time arrangements.
Personal time off without pay can be granted to people who have a personal project.
Deloitte takes care of your health by providing you a wide range of services. The rest is up to you!
Our whole building is a no-smoking area. For those who wish to smoke at work, an open-air terrace is available.
Our premises include a fitness centre, relaxation area, ‘snack bar’ and a restaurant, where snacks and meals are designed with a focus on healthy food and a balanced diet.
In addition, through the staff representation committee subsidised by Deloitte you will be able to:
- Join an inhouse fitness club at a cut price
- Play squash, badminton, tennis or golf: playing courts available or lessons
- Relax at a spa/thermal baths: reduction on entrance tickets
- Take to the slopes on our organised ski event