Strategy & Operations Manufacturing/Supply Chain
Take your place on the front lines of shaping and enhancing global supply chains
It's your future. As a consultant in our Supply Chain practice, you’ll have the opportunity to develop and improve some of the most complex global supply chains in the world. You'll help set strategic directions for the kinds of companies you read about in the pages of The Wall Street Journal, in industries ranging from aerospace and defense to life sciences and consumer products. You'll work side by side with executives and Deloitte mentors to help tackle our clients’ most intricate delivery challenges. How far will you take it?
Deloitte’s Supply Chain practice provides a wide array of services that will allow you to develop your skill set and knowledge base, not only across multiple industries, but across the entire value chain:
- Product Development
- Supply Chain Strategy and Planning
- Sourcing and Procurement
- Logistics and Distribution Operations
- Lean Operations
- Mergers and Acquisitions
Take charge of your career
Deloitte consultants work with leaders at top-ranked organizations to come up with bold ideas that add value to their businesses. You'll be part of that process, and your solutions to critical business issues may/can be heard by client leadership. From the day you join Deloitte, and throughout your career with us, you'll receive formal training, on each project, in each client meeting and with each new "extracurricular" responsibility you assume within the organization. You'll learn the art of consulting directly from senior consulting professionals. More importantly, you'll also learn by doing. Eventually, you'll teach others—a true test of the skills you’ve developed.
What it takes
We want people who can both think and do. You bring strong analytical skills and a great passion for addressing complex problems. You see solutions that others don’t. But you also bring the ability to lead and work in teams. You relish the opportunity to work closely with clients. You understand how to get large, complex companies to embrace forward thinking and execute and implement the recommendations that you helped devise. At the same time, you insist upon and manage an appropriate balance between your professional responsibilities and your personal interests. Here's what you'll need:
- An MBA or MS Logistics/Manufacturing/Supply Chain
- More than two years of relevant work experience, preferably in a large company
- Demonstrated results, progression and superior performance in school and work
- High level of motivation to achieve objectives
- “Street smarts” – the ability to think on your feet and convince others
- “Presence” – the ability to command respect and lead others
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of our client’s organization, from the shop floor to the C-Suite
- Open mind coupled with the ability to deal with ambiguity
- Willingness to travel