CORE Leadership Program
Helping members of our armed forces successfully transition to the business sector
From June 5-7, 2014, Deloitte will hold the third session of the Career Opportunity Redefinition & Exploration (CORE) Leadership Program at Deloitte University, in Westlake, TX to help armed forces members and veterans translate their skills, knowledge, and experiences into a business environment. Program participants will have access to Deloitte’s award-winning leadership development curriculum, and they will learn how to identify their unique edge and make a career choice based on their personal passions. Specifically, the CORE Leadership Program helps veterans and armed forces members:
- Define their personal brand, identify their strengths, and be able tell their own story
- Learn innovative networking strategies and communication techniques, which include best practices in using social media, through personalized and repetitive employment simulations
- Interact and network, from the start of the program, with Deloitte leaders as well as professionals from the public and private sectors
- Gain access to other alumni of the CORE Leadership Program
Participant eligibility and application process
Those interested in the program should complete the downloadable application form below and submit it with their resume via email to the CORE Leadership Program mailbox. Applications must be received no later than Friday, May 9, 2014. To be eligible for the program, individuals should:
- Have separated from the armed forces in the past 9 months OR be active duty members who will be separating in the next 3-6 months
- Have earned a bachelor’s degree
- Have 4-8 years of military service
- Be interested in transitioning to the corporate world
- Want to work with Deloitte leaders who have extensive experience across industries to translate their leadership abilities and experiences into a business context
- Be looking to make an investment in their own career development, positioning themselves for future success
- Be able to commit to being at Deloitte University in Westlake, TX from June 5-7, 2014 (all travel and accommodation expenses will be provided)
Deloitte’s commitment to veterans and inclusion
At Deloitte, we foster an inclusive culture where all leaders thrive, and we’re proud to support armed forced members and veterans and their families. So when President Obama challenged American businesses to lead the charge in getting 100,000 unemployed veterans and their spouses hired and trained by the end of this year, our CEO Joe Echevarria pledged that Deloitte would lead from the front and embrace veterans. To support the White House’s Joining Forces initiative, we committed to set a goal of doubling our veteran hiring numbers over the next three years.
To help facilitate the transition for armed forces members and veterans from military service to workforce re-entry, Deloitte is hosting the CORE Leadership Program and increasing the number of Deloitte Day Open Houses for veterans. Deloitte will continue to support our veterans and armed forces members in a variety of other ways as well, which includes sponsoring events and programs such as the Warrior Games.
Deloitte strives to be the professional services organization where the brightest and most talented leaders want to be. The backgrounds and experiences of our people are as diverse as our business offerings, and we rely on the rich, varied experiences of our people to help shape the quality of service to our clients. Transitioning armed forces members and veterans bring invaluable skills, knowledge, experience, and insights that further enrich the diversity of our teams.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte & Touche LLP, Deloitte Consulting LLP, Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, Deloitte Tax LLP, ad Deloitte Services LP, which are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.