Assurance - Actuarial & Insurance Solutions
Actuarial & Insurance Solutions (AIS) is a specialist insurance and actuarial consulting team. We are committed to providing the skills, expertise and experience that will help our clients transform themselves in both statutory actuarial and client solution areas. Our emphasis is on providing the very best actuarial and consulting people, techniques and thinking, which is applied with the right focus to the commercial imperatives of our clients.
Deloitte offers a global network of actuarial practices, opportunities to travel and be at the forefront of actuarial developments in South Africa. Graduates have the opportunity of working with a full spectrum of clients and thereby gain exposure to different areas of actuarial expertise.
Graduates are placed in various service areas within AIS. They include:
- Short term Insurance
- Health and Wider Fields
- Life Assurance
- Capital Markets
TrAX - Tax Graduate Programme
TrAX is a Graduate Programme to assist graduates in the seamless integration into the Tax environment. The programme is focused on giving the candidates a broad perspective on various tax disciplines.
The TrAX programme consists of the following components:
- An induction programme, providing you with the necessary knowledge and skills you will need to perform your role as a Junior Tax Consultant. During this time you will be exposed to the Deloitte culture, and gain a better understanding of Deloitte as a whole.
- 3 day, monthly classroom sessions, giving you deeper tax knowledge and understanding of the major tax divisions you will be seconded to.
- Over the two year contract secondment to the following tax divisions at Deloitte:
- Corporate Tax
- R&D and Government Incentives
- International Tax
- Transfer Pricing
- Customs & Global Trade
- Global Employer Services
- Mergers & Acquisitions
TrAX provides you with the unique opportunity to gain some exposure to the broad tax disciplines.
Risk Advisory Graduate Programme
“Internal Audit is expected to be a strategic advisor to the Board, Audit Committee and Executive Management, rather than being the corporate reporter –at Deloitte we do just that”
Deloitte Risk Advisory offers a modern and uniquely integrated internal audit value chain.
Our risk assessment and internal audit methodologies are underpinned by the concepts of corporate governance, business intelligence and risk assessment to ensure the continuous identification and mitigation of risk.
Our methodologies and approach are geared to go beyond ensuring compliance to the PFMA and National Treasury but are aligned to best practice, including the King III Report on Corporate Governance.
We seek to find graduates with Internal Audit, IT, Forensics and Law backgrounds to join our dynamic teams.
The consulting graduate programme is permanent employment opportunity to recent graduates. This position is at an analyst level to render assistance in Consulting, under clear instruction and guidance of the Manager/Senior Manager/Partner on allocated assignments undertaken:
The details of this would be:
- Running and implementing project-based work
- Liasing with teams to ensure buy-in into the project
- Reporting of progress of work to management and clients
- Communication with clients to understand needs and demands
- Management of deadlines and reporting
- Identifying opportunities to improve engagement success and profitability